Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cambridge: Week 2

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for taking so long to update my blog!  As you'll see in my upcoming Week 4 post, I've been busy with finals recently and other such fun things.  But alas, here is what you've been waiting for =).

Week 2:
This week I was finally able to settle in to life at Cambridge!  After a long weekend away in Scotland, I still had some catching up to do with reading, but was finally able to do it.  I had a midterm essay assigned for my Business class which went well and was relatively painless.  On Thursday night, I went to Harry Potter Trivia at the Union Society (in which we got last place =D...haha) and then we watched Book 7, Part 1 in preparation for the premiere of Part 2.  It was fun to watch it with a group of college kids and even though I saw it relatively recently, it was still a good reminder, as I forgot some things.  On Friday I went to a formal hall at King's College, which was awesome because we got to go on the Back Lawn for drinks beforehand!  Going on the grass here is a VERY big deal, because there are very strict rules against it and only senior members of the University are allowed to walk on it, so if someone is walking across the grass, you know they're pretty important!  On Saturday I went to see the premiere of Harry Potter with friends, so that was really cool!  Seeing the last movie in England was neat, but to be honest, it wasn't really all that different from seeing it in the U.S.  The biggest difference was that most of the commercials beforehand had British accents and were also quite odd.  Here's my favorite one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6CcxJQq1x8.  I laughed quite a bit, so you should totally check it out =).  I was hoping to explore Cambridge more during the weekend, but unfortunately it rains all the time here, so my plans were thwarted.  Oh well, plenty of time to do that =)

No comments:

Post a Comment