Friday, August 26, 2011

The Final Countdown: Cambridge Week 8!

I can't believe it's already the last week of the program!!!!  Where did all of the time go?  This week was an interesting mix of stressful and extremely fun.  Monday started with Alex still visiting, so it was kind of a touristy day.  We visited the colleges, went shopping around town, and went punting on the River Cam.  I was really excited about trying to punt myself, but it didn't last very long because I was so terrified of falling in the water that I couldn't really go anywhere.  Oh well, instead I got chauffeured around the river by Alex and my two other friends =)  The professional punters make it look so easy, but it's really not!  On Tuesday, Alex went to London and I returned to life as normal, which mostly consisted of studying for my final on Thursday.  I went out to dinner on Wednesday with a couple of friends, but other than that most of my time was consumed by studying, so it's really not that exciting.

I took my final on Thursday and I think it went well.  After I got back, I did a final read through of my paper, submitted it, and then was officially done with classes at Cambridge!!!  In the evening we had our final formal hall at King's.  Although a good number of people had already left to go back to school, there were still a lot of people there and I had a really great time having dinner with my friends.  The PKP program hosted a competition for blogs and photos so that they could use some additional material for marketing next year and my blog won as one of the top 4 blogs!!!  I can now officially say I have an award winning blog! =) hehe.  I won this really nice 800 year anniversary book about Cambridge autographed by the Master of Pembroke College, Richard Dearlove (who was the head of MI6 for a while!).  The only unfortunate part is that it's very large and heavy, so transportation is a bit of a difficulty.  Afterwards there was a BOP in the King's Bar and adjoining room and I had a great time dancing with my friends!  Today (Friday) was spent packing, responding to emails, doing laundry, exploring Cambridge, etc.  Basically I was doing a bunch of things that needed to get done before leaving Cambridge.  It was raining for most of the day, so I didn't really want to do much, so it ended up being more of a relaxing day =).  I very much enjoyed my summer in England and all of the friends I made!

Tomorrow I'm taking the train into London, the tube to Heathrow, and then Alex and I are flying to Rome for a 2 week vacation before band camp starts.  We'll be going to Rome, Pompeii, Florence, Paris, Versailles, and then back to London.  It should be very fun and very exhausting.  I'll have limited internet access, so don't expect a post for a couple weeks.

Here are the pictures from this week: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2291518045985.130469.1190024172&l=0e84b7de35&type=1

No comments:

Post a Comment